Elkin is located along the Yadkin River in Surry County, North Carolina. The town has a total area of 6.3 square miles and a population of 4001 as of the 2010 census. Do you enjoy the outdoors? Elkin offers a variety of ways to explore its rural beauty — from paddling the Yadkin River to hiking the Overmountain Victory National Historic Trail. Elkin is a part of the Yadkin Valley American Viticultural Area (AVA) and is home to beautiful vineyards and wineries. Elkin is also a 20 minute drive to Stone Mountain State Park and to the Blue Ridge Parkway. Elkin is also home to the Yadkin Valley Pumpkin Festival and the Yadkin Valley Wine Festival.
Real Estate of Elkin, NC
If you are interested in the Elkin, NC area and would like to see Real Estate in or near Elkin, including Land and Lots, Residential, and Commercial click the link below.
Local schools within are Elkin Elementary, Elkin Middle School, and Elkin High School which are each part of the Elkin City Schools System. For additional educational opportunities, residents are 20 minutes from Surry Community College, 30 minutes from Wilkes Community College, an hour from area colleges and universities in Winston-Salem, 1 ½ hours from Appalachian State University in Boone, and less than two hours away from colleges and universities in Charlotte.
Hugh Chatham Memorial Hospital, a regional cancer center, is located in Elkin. This hospital also has a Wound Care Center, state-of-the-art surgical facilities, and a Birthing Center. At Hugh Chatham, you´ll find a Skilled Nursing Facility and Assisted Living, along with a Special Care Unit for dementia patients. Residents are also less than an hour from both Forsyth Medical Center and Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center in Winston-Salem and are about 30 minutes from both Iredell Memorial Hospital and Davis Regional Medical Center in Statesville.
- Bath and Body Works
- Hibbett Sports
- Historic Downtown Shopping District
- Lowe´s Home Improvement
- Elkin Wal-Mart Supercenter
- 222 Public House – Restaurant and family-style sports bar serving gourmet stone-fired pizza, wings, burgers, specialty salads, sandwiches, beer on tap/bottle and wine, along with 11 flat screen televisions, darts and part room availability. Live music on occasion. Open Thursday – Monday.
- 268 Grill
- Amalfi´s Pizza
- Dodge City
- Fiddles Pub – Casual pub fare, nightly dinner specials and steaks with indoor and outdoor patio seating in back. Wine, beer on tap – including Guinness/bottle, and live music most weekends. Open 7 days a week.
- Harry’s Place – Family owned and serving locals since 1954, Harry’s offers Southern-style lunches and crab legs are a dinner specialty. Catering.
- John Boys BBQ & Dairy Bar
- La Fuente
- Mazzini’s Italian
- Pirate´s Landing Seafood & Steak
- Prime Thai
- Roxxi and LuLu’s Bakery – Sweet and savory bakery, specializing in gourmet cheesecakes, cupcakes, cakes, brownies, homemade candy bars, pretzels, pizza buns, frittatas, sonkers, homemade ice cream and more. Daily baked specials, order for special occasions.
- Royall’s Soda Shoppe – Old fashioned soda shoppe that offers everything from famous hot dogs and burgers to salads and vegan dishes. Grilled food menu, specials, soups, desserts, soda and ice cream treats, and offers delivery within 5 mile radius.
- Shiki of Elkin
- Speedy Chef